So here's how it went as far as I can remember. We had been in and out of labor and delivery the few days before I actually had him where they noticed high blood pressure and some protein in a spot urine test along with regular contractions. So they sent me home with some big jugs to do a 24 hr urine collection, which was so gross. We went to my normal ob appointment thinking the results had come back fine because they hadn't given us a call yet and no news is good news. The doc came into the room and said that I had preeclampsia and needed to be induced to get baby out asap. I was already having regular contractions and my cervix was dialated 3 cm and almost completely effaced which was all in my favor to help the induction not result in a c section. Doc sent us straight up to labor and delivery to get things started. By the time they got us all settled in the LDR room is was already 7 so the nurse brought mr some food and held of on everything to let me eat since I hadn't had anything since breakfast. After eating they started the pitocin and magnesium to prevent seizures from the preeclampsia. Being on the magnesium they had to restrict my fluids cause it causes you to retain lots of fluid and they didn't want fluid building up in my lungs so I got about an oz every hour or two which was torture! They seemed to have a hard time regulating the pitocin. They would turn it up to try and speed things up and it would just give me one big and constant contraction. Sometime in the middle of the night they gave me a whole bunch of iv meds to knock me out. After those wore of they gave me an epidural. Baby was sunny side up which was not good cause that meant a lot more work for mommy to push him out. Most babies come out with their face looking at the floor so that the smallest part of the head comes through first but when they are sunny side up they are looking at the ceiling and the biggest flat part of the head comes through first. They had me laying in all different positions trying to get my stubborn baby to turn but he never did which was interesting considering I was pretty numb. After I was completey dialated they had me just sit up for a couple of hours to let gravity help bring him down cause he was going to be a lot of work. They turned down my epidural to help me feel a little bit so that I could push him out faster, which I later regret because I felt everything! Now it was time to start pushing. In between pushes doc tried turning him but was unsuccessful. So I pushed and pushed forever til he finally came out. He barely fit and now mommy has lots of stitches!
Saturday, November 21, 2009
9 lbs 5 oz
So here's how it went as far as I can remember. We had been in and out of labor and delivery the few days before I actually had him where they noticed high blood pressure and some protein in a spot urine test along with regular contractions. So they sent me home with some big jugs to do a 24 hr urine collection, which was so gross. We went to my normal ob appointment thinking the results had come back fine because they hadn't given us a call yet and no news is good news. The doc came into the room and said that I had preeclampsia and needed to be induced to get baby out asap. I was already having regular contractions and my cervix was dialated 3 cm and almost completely effaced which was all in my favor to help the induction not result in a c section. Doc sent us straight up to labor and delivery to get things started. By the time they got us all settled in the LDR room is was already 7 so the nurse brought mr some food and held of on everything to let me eat since I hadn't had anything since breakfast. After eating they started the pitocin and magnesium to prevent seizures from the preeclampsia. Being on the magnesium they had to restrict my fluids cause it causes you to retain lots of fluid and they didn't want fluid building up in my lungs so I got about an oz every hour or two which was torture! They seemed to have a hard time regulating the pitocin. They would turn it up to try and speed things up and it would just give me one big and constant contraction. Sometime in the middle of the night they gave me a whole bunch of iv meds to knock me out. After those wore of they gave me an epidural. Baby was sunny side up which was not good cause that meant a lot more work for mommy to push him out. Most babies come out with their face looking at the floor so that the smallest part of the head comes through first but when they are sunny side up they are looking at the ceiling and the biggest flat part of the head comes through first. They had me laying in all different positions trying to get my stubborn baby to turn but he never did which was interesting considering I was pretty numb. After I was completey dialated they had me just sit up for a couple of hours to let gravity help bring him down cause he was going to be a lot of work. They turned down my epidural to help me feel a little bit so that I could push him out faster, which I later regret because I felt everything! Now it was time to start pushing. In between pushes doc tried turning him but was unsuccessful. So I pushed and pushed forever til he finally came out. He barely fit and now mommy has lots of stitches!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





I read your story, and it makes me really excited..and effin terrified to have Khloe haha. Your so cute, your such a cute little momma. I ADORE Aiden! He is so handsome and is going to be a heartbreaker:)
ReplyDeletelove ya michelle!
Congratulations!!! Reading your story brought back a lot of memories of Chris's birth. I wish you the very best during these hard (yet wonderful) first few weeks. Hang in and take lots of pictures. They get big too fast!
ReplyDelete