
Aiden is 4 months old already. Wow how the time has flown by! He went to Madigan for his 4 month check up and shots last week but I'm just getting around to writing about it today.
He has been such a good baby. Heavenly Father gave us the perfect baby first so that we would have more :) He would have to be to get me to even consider going through labor again. He was such a stubborn baby! But now that he is here I couldn't ask for a better baby. He is so happy and always smiling. We have even gotten into a routine and as long as we follow it bedtime goes so smoothly. We start about 7, have some dinners, a bath, lotion and massage, goodnight kisses and prayers, then put him in his crib and 99% of the time he goes right to sleep without a peep. He was even sleeping through the night, 9-12 hours at a time, before we did all that traveling. Three trips to UT in two months is a lot of change for a little guy but it was worth it to get to spend so much time with our families. But I still can't complain. Right now we are usually waking twice during the night, sometimes only once. I think we'll go back to sleeping better when he realizes that we are home to stay for a while. He wakes up talking to him self, not crying. It's amazing. I completely forget how tired I am when I walk into his room and peek in his crib and he smiles at me. I love it! It makes everything so worth it.
Aiden's 4 month stats
Weight 19 lbs 10 oz
Height 27 1/8 in
Head Circumference 42.2 cm
The appointment went very well. He is right on track. His growing has slowed down just a little bit. He isn't growing as rapidly as he was but he is still such a big boy and so tall! He had to get more shots and daddy was the one who had to hold him down this time. Shots never go very well. The next couple days after are a little rough.
This is such a fun age! I love being able to watch him learn and to see things click. He is getting his hand and eye coordination down pretty well. He loves to grab at anything. If I put a toy in front of him he'll reach his hand out and grab it! I know it's something so simple but it's amazing to watch his little mind work. He is rolling over from tummy to back but is having a harder time going from back to tummy. Those darn legs get in the way. He is always doing little crunches trying to sit up. He isn't content with just laying on his back anymore. He can almost get up all by himself and when he is up he can stay there for a little while. He needs a little more work on stabilizing himself. He is starting to figure out he can get on his knees and scoot forward. I'm sure he'll be up on his hands and knees real soon. He has found his toes but he just can't quite get them to his mouth by himself. He wants to chew on everything! He loves to jump. He goes to town when we put him in his jumper. Eating solids is going very well. We have even had to upgrade to the highchair. His thunder thighs are a little to big to sit in his bebe pod. We have fruits and cereal in the morning and veggies and meat at night. So far his favorite fruit is by far apples. He loves applesauce and apple juice! His favorite veggie is sweet potatoes and he likes sweet peas too. We have only tried meat once and it was chicken. He didn't know what to think about that. We are on a 3-4 hour schedule. We have been on a 3 hour schedule for a long time, but he is starting to act like we can move to 4 hours. Wake, eat, play, sleep is the cycle we repeat over and over through out the day.
This age is the age that makes me want to have more kids. It makes me forget the pain and the sleepless nights. Wouldn't it be so nice to just start out here? No, we need the long, uncomfortable nine months and the hard nights to appreciate the good times, to love the good days so much more. I hope all of our kids our as good as Aiden is. I worry that we have the angel now and our next child will be a little devil. Or maybe Aiden will make up for it when we hit the terrible twos. He is such a little punk so maybe it won't hit us til he is a teenager. All he has to do is look at me with those big blue eyes and smile and I just melt.
The secret to having it all is believing you do. My family is the greatest gift I have received. I know we have some of our roughest days ahead of us, but everything will work out in the end.
This is such a fun age! I love being able to watch him learn and to see things click. He is getting his hand and eye coordination down pretty well. He loves to grab at anything. If I put a toy in front of him he'll reach his hand out and grab it! I know it's something so simple but it's amazing to watch his little mind work. He is rolling over from tummy to back but is having a harder time going from back to tummy. Those darn legs get in the way. He is always doing little crunches trying to sit up. He isn't content with just laying on his back anymore. He can almost get up all by himself and when he is up he can stay there for a little while. He needs a little more work on stabilizing himself. He is starting to figure out he can get on his knees and scoot forward. I'm sure he'll be up on his hands and knees real soon. He has found his toes but he just can't quite get them to his mouth by himself. He wants to chew on everything! He loves to jump. He goes to town when we put him in his jumper. Eating solids is going very well. We have even had to upgrade to the highchair. His thunder thighs are a little to big to sit in his bebe pod. We have fruits and cereal in the morning and veggies and meat at night. So far his favorite fruit is by far apples. He loves applesauce and apple juice! His favorite veggie is sweet potatoes and he likes sweet peas too. We have only tried meat once and it was chicken. He didn't know what to think about that. We are on a 3-4 hour schedule. We have been on a 3 hour schedule for a long time, but he is starting to act like we can move to 4 hours. Wake, eat, play, sleep is the cycle we repeat over and over through out the day.
This age is the age that makes me want to have more kids. It makes me forget the pain and the sleepless nights. Wouldn't it be so nice to just start out here? No, we need the long, uncomfortable nine months and the hard nights to appreciate the good times, to love the good days so much more. I hope all of our kids our as good as Aiden is. I worry that we have the angel now and our next child will be a little devil. Or maybe Aiden will make up for it when we hit the terrible twos. He is such a little punk so maybe it won't hit us til he is a teenager. All he has to do is look at me with those big blue eyes and smile and I just melt.
The secret to having it all is believing you do. My family is the greatest gift I have received. I know we have some of our roughest days ahead of us, but everything will work out in the end.





No comments:
Post a Comment