So today I am officially 29 weeks pregnant. Wow! It feels like it has been forever but I still have 11 more weeks to go. So my last Appt was about a week ago and so far so good. Everything is progressing well. Baby Aiden is just a little bigger than average but still normal. I saw a midwife this time, Ms Michel and she said my blood pressure was beautiful! I was tested to see if I had gestational diabetes and my sugars are normal so we are thankful for that. Also Duncan is not a CF carrier so there is pretty much a 0% chance of baby having CF. I am a carrier so we had Duncan tested as well just so that we could be prepared for anything.
So far I have liked being a patient at Madigan Army Medical Center except that out of the 10 weeks we have been here I have yet to see the same doctor twice. I have seen about 5 or 6 different ones. They are still taking really good care of me but it would be really nice to get to know one doctor.
Duncan is in getting a bone scan right now to see if he has another stress fracture in his leg. The Army has been making him run a lot and it gives him pretty bad shin splints. About a year ago when we were down in TX he had stress fractures in both his legs from running, but after physical therapy, insoles, and a temporary no running profile everything was fine and they haven't bothered him since.
Poor Minnie has a bit of a staff infection. We had her spayed about a month ago and she had a little allergic reaction to the shampoo we were using while she was healing which opened up the opportunity for a little rash to get infected. She is on antibiotics and is doing just fine. She is back to being a bully. She loves to steal Chips bone and he just sits there and waits for his chance to go in for the take back. Her incision on the outside healed perfectly but the sutures on the inside haven't dissolved yet and you can see them under her skin still. Hopefully they go away soon or her body could reject them.





No comments:
Post a Comment